Sail Soak and Some Sewing Additions.



Over the last few weeks, we have been sailing at least once a week. We are really just starting to get the feel for Woodstock. We are also really just starting to organize and make things our own.  


   

Using the leftover Sunbrella from the sail cover and a mesh laundry bag I did a little cutting and sewing to make a few stow bags for all the lines coming back to the cockpit.  


I also made two new winch covers, the Self-tailing Winchards I installed last season increased the size of the winches heads so the old covers no longer fit. I used velcro wraps on the bottom to secure them.  I know a lot of people use elastic but with Covid-19 it can be hard to come by and I like the way these came out better.  


Here are some weird people, you might see in the channel. 


Mirage 24 Sailboat       Mirage 24 Sailboat
Asymmetric Spinnaker Day 2  We have loved this sail in light winds. On this run, we caught up with a cruising catamaran. They gave us a nice complement as we sailed passed. Then a few minutes later we went to take the sail down and I dowsed it into the lake. Oh, well, it was one of my great eBay finds this winter and needed a good cleaning anyway.  



BB has really taken to the helm this year. Backing us out of the dock and bringing us into port. While she is driving I have time to stow gear and get all the sails covered before we get back to the dock. 


Seems the spinnaker was soaked already we decided to bring it home and give it a good cleaning. I spread it out on the lawn and brushed it down with some laundry detergent. Then gave it a good rinse with the garden hose. This was a good move as it brightened the colors up nicely and removed that powdery feeling from the cloth. (Likely this sail was used by its previous owner in saltwater.) Hoping to get out on the lake a again tomorrow and try out some more of my eBay upgrades.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a Spinnaker Sock DIY

Main sail rigging

A removable compression post