Genoa Cover Repair

Genoa Sleeve Cover Repair

This season sail cleaning and canvas repairs are the order of business. A few years back I sewed this Sailrite Sleeve for my foresails and I really like it a lot. It might not be as convenient as a roller furler with a UV guard on the leach of the sail but I can get a better sail shape when underway and think that it is totally worth the extra work of putting the sleeve up and down.


Mid-season one of my webbings broke free of its stitching at the time it was not a bit deal but I decided now that the cover is off for the year and home for the winter it would be a good time to do a little repair job.


I grabbed out a few tools and got down to it. 


The hardest part of this job was finding the end of my thread. Stuffed in a box for the last year it was a bit tangled up. 


Once that was done I used my speed stitcher to sew the webbing back on. Note I'm really not great with this tool but at this point, I really want to get better so instead of going back into the house and grabbing a regular needle I just pushed on. YouTube creators out there, we need some better tutorials on the speedstitcher.


Then it was done. Could it have been straighter sure, but it goes at the top of the mast, and besides the spiders who is going to see it all the way up there.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a Spinnaker Sock DIY

Main sail rigging

A removable compression post