Renaming and trip 3

We finally settled on a name for our Mirage 24. With much discussion and input (from the 10-year-old.) We have gone with Woodstock. Not the 60's music bash but the cute little yellow bird from the Peanuts. I found a great sign shop here locally and they printed these up for me $25.00 to do both port and starboard nameplates. I came down to the boat and stuck them right on.  First the starboard side then I pulled out of the dock and backed the boat into the slip, so I could do the port side.  

Mirage 24 sailboat,

Turns out I really like the boat backed into the slip. So I've been leaving it backed in. It makes it easier to leave the dock when it is just me sailing and it is a bit easier to get back into the slip as well. 

Mirage 24 sailboat

Our third trip worked out well after I reassembled to boom gooseneck.  As I pulled up the mainsail the boom dropped right off. Turns out the thing had been assembled upside down. The pin had been pushed up and the nut was on the top and it worked it's way off.  I turned it around shoving the pin through the top downward and while out on the lake I stuck a wire tie around the bottom of the nut so it would not lift off. Once I got back to the dock I found a lock nut to take the place of the wire tie.  I don't expect this to fall apart again. 😏 


A few days later I round the nut that fell off the gooseneck jammed under the spinnaker pole on deck. This little non-locking brass nut never had a chance.  

The new channel challenge how many red hots can you put on your tongue?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a Spinnaker Sock DIY

Main sail rigging

A removable compression post