Dyneema Life lines

With the deck refinished it's time to turn my attention to the lifelines.  The lifelines currently on the boat are old plastic-coated, stainless lines, with swagged on fittings. There are a few spots that the plastic coating is wearing pretty thin so as part of the deck reface I decided it was time to replace them as well.  After looking around I decided to switch them out with Dyneema line.  I found a great source on ebay and picked up some 3/16th 12 strand-braided Dyneema with a 6100lbs breaking strength.  This is some great stuff to work with.  Eye splices are so much easier than in double braid lines. The hardest part of this project was finding a gate latch that worked well with my stern pulpit.  Overall I am very happy with the way these turned out and expect to get a lot of years out of them. 









 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a Spinnaker Sock DIY

Main sail rigging

A removable compression post