Rain rain go away

Well we have had two weekends in a row of rain.  This has really put a cramp on finishing up the varnish work for the season.  The cockpit is all finished.  I just scuffed it up and did a maintance coat. However the toe rails have just the two base coats on.  I had hopped to finish this before launch but this time of year the boat yards are on a schedule to get everyone in before Memorial Day weekend. 
So I guess I'll be hanging over the side of the boat to get at least one more coat on the toe rails sometime this summer.  

Launch date t-minus 2 days. I reset all the screws.  I had back them out slightly when varnishing.
I buff out the cabin top between rain drops.



Post launch:


This Memorial Day weekend has been heavily scheduled and I'm hopping to get out and sail today. That is weather permitting. Yesterday my wife helped me drop the mast, so I could fix the wind vane.  It looked like a seagull may have sat on it.  The vane has been bent over side ways since mid season last year. Here it is all back up straight and mast tuned in. 


Sunday evening here we are launched rigged and ready to go for Monday.  The crew does not want to sail in the rain today.  They have chose to mutiny for ice cream.  A chocolate cone does sound good.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a Spinnaker Sock DIY

Main sail rigging

A removable compression post