Mothers Day Weekend



The most stressful part is over.  After planning packing and preparing the boat to be moved it is over. 
The boat arrived today around noon and I got right to work on it.  No time to waste as the launch date is 9 days out. 


The boat is heavily oxidized so I started with washing it and then hit it with 3M Super Duty Compound.     
After the first half of the hull, was done I stopped to take a break and it took me a good 5 minutes to find those safety glasses.  Yeah, the ones on top of my head. 


 
Zoomed in here you can see the difference.  Left size compounding complete, right side still looks like a powdered doughnut.


Sunday we picked up where we left off and I ran over the entire hull again with 3M Fitness Polish. This is a fine polishing compound that really brings out the shine.   

#Bestwife ever came down on mothers day and helped out by painting the cove line.

Then we put on a coat of wax to seal in all that polish and painting.


BB even helped get the mast down of the deck so I could re-rig and inspect all the hardware.  Then we put it back up.  


Mirage 24 sailboat,
Thirty-Six hours later and the boat is completely different.


So time for some Mother's Day Hibachi!   Yum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a Spinnaker Sock DIY

Main sail rigging

A removable compression post