Tuesday, August 5, 2014
A quick sewing project
One little thing that bothers me is finding water in my winches after it rains. I decided it was high time I sewed up some winch covers. This little project took very little time once I sat down and got it started. The tape measure made several trips back and forth to the marina in the bottom of the cooler before I used it to measure the winches.
The winch is three and a quarter inches tall so I started by making the sides up. This gets sewed to the round top piece.
Turns out a Bush's bean can is the perfect circumference.
I put the cover on the can to pin up so I'd get a nice tight finish.
Completed i turned it right side out and it looks like this is finished.
I left the elastic extra long to tie under the winch mounting brackets.
Sailing has been non-existent this September. With school back in session, I have time for very little else. The weekend weather has also b...
So this season I have been gearing up and changing my rigging around bit by bit as I find pieces here and there. My ultimate goal is to ri...
This post is a quick reference for rigging the main sail of a Cape Dory Typhoon. Each boat over time has different modifications made to it...
Sold : "Kraken" 1978 Cape Dory Typhoon This is one of the finest Typhoons and well-documented vesse...