Sunday, June 19, 2016
So the motor has been running a bit rough this season. It's been working but last Thursday when we went out on our date sail it was sputtering more than I liked. So this weekend I pulled the motor and brought it home.
Then I moved on to the carburetor. I pulled it off and took it apart and I found the float was sticking. A bit of carb cleaner, and I put it all back together.
Driveway bucket trials.
Sea trials, we're ready to go.
Thursday, June 16, 2016
Friday, June 10, 2016
So, for the past few weeks one of my teaching partners has been using weather bug as part of his First grade morning calendar routine. (That's right, school does not look like it did when you went.). One of the cool features on the weather bug site are local web cams. Two of which happen to overlook Lake Kalamazoo. So he has been kidding around with me for some time about being able to see my house on the web cam and this and that. So I looked up the cam and had to trace it back to the wood tv 8 web site to find out he refresh rate. Every 60 seconds it refreshes. It took some time to figure out just which side of the flag pole in the picture I needed to be on. After a several passes and refreshes on my phone I was able to pull some screen shots! They're not great, after all they are web cam shots, but it is super cool to see. As the wind died down I also did a quick sail change and for the first time flew my new Genoa!
Sailing has been non-existent this September. With school back in session, I have time for very little else. The weekend weather has also b...
So this season I have been gearing up and changing my rigging around bit by bit as I find pieces here and there. My ultimate goal is to ri...
This post is a quick reference for rigging the main sail of a Cape Dory Typhoon. Each boat over time has different modifications made to it...
Sold : "Kraken" 1978 Cape Dory Typhoon This is one of the finest Typhoons and well-documented vesse...