Final Close Up for the Winter

This weekend I went down to the boat, pulled off the last of the gear, and put in the rest of the mast braces for winter. This year, I figured out that my bar clamps work really nicely for rafters.  To bad I only have 3 of them so I used a few other boards and scraps I have laying around.   

Rafter Clamp Brace
            
Plastic molding arch over the hatch
Aft mast supports

I have found it important to  be sure to clean out the drain holes along the toe rails.  Little leaves like these can clog them up and allow water/and ice to build up on the deck.


 Finally, I cover it all up with a tarp or two


Tarp off


Rear view covered
Final cover up note the bar clamp sticking out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a Spinnaker Sock DIY

Main sail rigging

A removable compression post