Swap meet season

The weather here in Michigan has started to turn cold.  This week we have seen our first nights dropping down into the 40's. Many have started pulling their boats and docks for the season.  We are still sailing.

 This weekend, however, we took a break to visit Wolf's Marine in Benton Harbor.  They held a swap meet over the weekend.  I've gone to this event before and have never been disappointed.  Last time, I walked out with a nice forespar spinnaker pole for cheap.  



This time I took my brother and dad down we all found good deals on parts for our boats.  After sifting through the swap market we headed across the street to Wolf's main store front where they where having a big sale in conjunction with the swap meet.  We even got to visit their other warehouse full of boat seats, motors, trims and other odd marine industry over runs. 



So on to the goodies.

One Aqua Meter Marine Insturment compass, complete with mounting hardware, and instructions!  I might be wrong about this but I believe these came as an option or standard on Cape Dory Typhoons.  My uncle's had this compass and so does mine, so I'm assuming quite a few Typhoons have these.  I'll switch out the old one with a shiny new one and save the old one for a rainy day.  The hardware is going to come in handy.  I'll put the second mounting bracket inside the boat so when not in use this shinny new compass will stay out of the rays of the sun.


Other goodies include a few new ring pins and shroud sleeves.  My chafing sleeves are falling apart pretty quickly here. 

 

I also found a new rain coat on super clearance; totally a great trip!   Now just a bit more than a month until the Ice Boat swap meet.  I'm feeling lucky this swap meet season bring on the cold weather! 








Comments

  1. Chris, that's fascinating. Bulkhead mount I suppose. I had no such item on mine. However, there are plenty of possibilities as to where it might have been, yet not sure. Using the velcro mount on the Cuddy Door. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Building a Spinnaker Sock DIY

Main sail rigging

A removable compression post