Earlier this winter Myles and I did a science experiment on cleaning pennies. "He is way into being a scientist right now" Here he is in his lab coat working on another science project. If it weren't for this kid's experiment I probably would have just done ketchup or vinegar like most bronze cleaning web posts suggest but I figured why not transfer that kids science experiment to a real life situation.
I test spotted several different spots with ketchup, vinegar, juice from the jalapeno jar. By the way the pickled jalapeno juice does wonders, but I decided to go with Sriacha Sauce due to the limited about of jalapeno juice in a jar and Sriacha stay where you put it while jalapeno juice just runs all over the place.
Then wipe it off. Be sure to wear gloves.
Next I rinsed and hit the remainder with a scrub brush.
Here is a picture with the first layer of gunk off.
Next I switch to my Dremel tool to get into all the little cracks and cerevisiaes. I really like these little buffing wheels they feel a bit like a 3M scratch pad and come in a variety of grits.
Finished buffing you get a very nice shinny finish all the way around, and I think it has been worth all the work not to look back and see an ugly green Spartan staring back up. Ha ha that's a dig at you MSU folks.
When the weather warms up a bit more I'll shoot it with a coat of lacquer, put the wood motor plate back on and off we will go for the season.