Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Closing up in the Rain






It was a wet wet weekend here.  It rained all Saturday and Sunday.  Regardless I felt I needed to get the cover on.  The leaves here are beginning to fall at and accelerated rate.  I don't want them all over the deck and plugging the scuppers up so out in the rain I go.

 Step 1 Ribbing  I use PVC pipe's to create a rib cage on the mast.  Here on the west coast of Lake Michigan we have been know to wake up to 4+ ft of snow, so the ribbing helps keep the snow from crushing down onto the deck.  While not a perfect system it helps.


 Step 2 cover with plastic.  I like the clear plastic you find in the paint section of most big box hardware stores $14.00  




Step 3  Bunch up the plastic in a ball and tie it down to the trailer. 



The final product a tented boat prepped for winter.