Rigging Shake Down

The day after launch I got down before the rain rolled in. After about an hour I had Kraken's mast tuned in and everything rigged up.



As I rigged up the boat I was watching the radar. Once everything was ready I checked the radar again.  Looks like I have time for a quick shake down.


The new running rigging is color coded. I know there are lots of opinions on how this should be done. I decided to go with white and red for all the jib controls and sheets.  Blue and white line runs everything for the mainsail including the topping lift. I think this should help out as Myles learns more about sailing this summer. The spinnaker gear is all still pretty new but matching as well but I don't think will be teaching the kid about that yet.



I made it back to the dock in time to put everything away before the rain.  Love that radar app.



Before I left the marina office 10 minutes later.it started raining. Hopefully Memorial Day Weekend will be nicer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a Spinnaker Sock DIY

Main sail rigging

A removable compression post