"Spring" is here in Michigan and it's that time of year again. That's right time to get the boat ready for launching! I spent some time picking up a few of the provisions I needed at my favorite local marina Wolfs this afternoon.
Then it hailed here on us. We're supposed to get an inch of snow tonight. Boo!
So I moved on to doing some patchwork on my Sail Right main. One of the batton pockets ripped out last year. Actually, I'm not sure if it was ever sewed closed at the back. This is the sail the previous owner sewed up and there appears to be a distinct lack of stitching. I used this sail all last season but lost the upper batten somewhere along the way. A few zips with the machine and it's ready to go. The hardest part is bunching the sail up under the machine's armature.
I also patched up my foredeck stuff bag. Now this one I know was my fault I was at the dock holding on to the halyard for balance when I ripped the bag at the shackle point. Now this one was a bit harder to patch up the canvas and nylon webbing are pretty thick but this old Viking machine was able to punch through after a few tries.