West System Sets up a Great Week Here.




Several years back, I built this Kayak.  It is fun to see the fish swim under you in the shallows while you paddle.  this summer, West System ran a competition on their Facebook page.  You know the kind, post a picture of something you built with their product and they will pick a winner. My kayak won a West System prize pack.  

Over the years, I have tried different epoxy systems with limited success but if I want something done right I always go back to West System.  Six10 is my current go to product for everything.  It is a thickened epoxy in a resealable caulking tube.  The kayak above was built with the traditional 105 system.  I actually still have my first West System project a Gee Gee model pond yacht.  This stuff is tough and well worth considering if you are looking to do any kind of repair on your boat or around the house.  I actually have a list of odds and ends around the house that need to be epoxied for when I mix up a batch.  

If you really like the kayak you can find the plans over here at Yostwerks.  Here is a link to some of the photos from my own build.

On Lake Kalamazoo we ran across this couple who have been anchored in the bay for a few days.  They decided to pull anchor and pop up a few sails. We had a good time zig zagging back and forth across the lake with them.  If anyone knows the crew of the Dachaidh pass this along. It was a great day for a sail. 




More tiller time for Myles on Goshorn Lake 


And some RC boat action.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a Spinnaker Sock DIY

Main sail rigging

A removable compression post