Arm Chair Sailing

Today we have had another weekend of rain. Well today it has rained and we have plans away from the lake tomorrow so this weekend has been an arm chair sailing weekend.  About a month ago I found e-regatta.  This app is available for Apple as well as Android devices.  Beware it is hard to stop playing.  My previous sailing game Sailboat Gold has been untouched.  Except for Words with Friends, e-regatta is the only game I play now.  

In e-regatta you are racing other players online.  It is far more challenging.  I rarely place above fourth place.  I have one in my last twenty races and to be honest, it was a match race.  The start line can be tough and I have no ability to sail to weather.  Just like a Typhoon captain.  I love down wind sailing just like in real life.  Spinnaker humming along.  Anyway, if you have a few minutes to burn check it out.  






Comments

  1. I can empathize with your plight. Rain does dampen spirits for sailing. I've not found a sailing app that I really enjoy. And, I'm very competitive with a non-competitive boat, so I don't prefer a race other than one I may find on the open water. I'm working a couple of metal issues this week with my favorite metal workers in town.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Building a Spinnaker Sock DIY

Main sail rigging

A removable compression post